We are trained to analyze problems and create solutions. We forget that marriage is a relationship, not a project to be completed or a problem to solve.
If you haven’t heard of the 5 Love Languages, you’re in for a treat this week. My Tinker Bear™ challenges you to tell him you love him in a way that makes sense to him–and probably not to you. Here’s some ideas to get you started thinking:
Is his love language . . .
- Words of affirmation? Praise him, especially in front of others.
- Acts of Service? Cook his favorite meal.
- Receiving Gifts? Buy him something he’s been wanting, i.e., tool, gadget, snack.
- Quality Time? Have a conversation or participate in a favorite activity of his.
- Physical Touch? Hold hands while driving or walking.
Snap a photo–or have one of the kids take a picture–when you are telling him you love him in his love language.
My Tinker Bear thinks that a photo of you speaking his love language would look great framed up and put on the wall in your home.