Friends & Family
5. Influential Person
Who is the most influential person in your life? Why?
Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great. (Mark Twain)
Kids have loved Flat Stanley for over 50 years. A bulletin board falls on him during the night, and now he is only half an inch thick! So flat that he can be put in an envelope and mailed anywhere in the world!
Koala Pete™ thinks this is the perfect book to:
- Encourage your loved one to write a postcard to an influential person in his/her life or a shut-in in a nursing home, etc..
- Younger people could create their own Flat Stanley. Then send it to their important person along with a letter asking them to take a picture with Flat Stanley and send it back to them, along with a few pictures.
- If you make your own Flat Stanley, it would be nice to put your child’s face on him. A popsicle stick works well to hold him up.
- Color and cut out a Koala Pete™ hug and letter. Then send it to a veteran or someone who needs a little cheering up.
- The letter asks the recipient to post it online at www.mytinkerbear.com.
Koala Pete™ likes to share a video link whenever possible. This link can be used for:
- independent viewing by child
Suggested Video Book: