3. Habits & Skills
What habits and skills are you developing? What do you do for fun?
Your future is defined by your daily habits. (John Maxwell)
Purple Dragonfly’s FIRST PLACE AWARD WINNER!! The Gold Egg” is a beautiful read-aloud book written for children but with a message for any age. It is a story of courage, perseverance and discovery. It begins with children playing near a tree. An old man passes by and tells them that a gold egg is at the top of the tree. The children dismiss his statement, but one child is curious and begins the climb to the top of the tree. Perseverance and hard work are met with success when he reaches the top of the tree. Written for children, yet a timeless message for readers of all ages.
Koala Pete™ chose this book to compliment the question, “What habits and skills are you developing? What do you do for fun?” because of the correlation between what we do in our free time and our success.
- What habits and skills are you developing?
- What frustrations are you currently experiencing?
- What would you like to be doing next year?
- What skills could you begin developing today to reach your goals next year?
- Paint a gold egg. Play hide-and-go-seek with the gold egg.
Koala Pete™ likes to share a video link whenever possible. This link can be used for:
- independent viewing by child
Suggested Video Book:
Unfortunately, there is no YouTube video for The Gold Egg available at this time.