See what Pal & Koala Pete™ are up to today at Pal’s April 2020 calendar.
Dear Koala Pete™,
Lots of good things are happening here in the outback. Let me tell you about a few of them.
- I’m happy to report that 1,000 Eucalyptus trees are being donated to people along the coast to help rebuild our homes in the area. I also hear that a large company will be donating 50,000 seedlings along the coast here. I’m so glad that our homes are well on their way.
- We’re seeing a few more koalas out here nowadays. Word has it that 49 of us have been rehabilitated and are back where we belong in our neighborhoods. I hear that Port Macquarie Koala Hospital had raised over $2 million to help the koalas injured in the bushfires. They will also be installing drinking stations for us and other wildlife out here. I’m very much looking forward to this.
- I hear there’s a little koala joey that was rescued as a baby that needs to learn how to climb trees before he can go back in the wild. He’s been in the hospital for over a year and hasn’t learned this important skill yet.
- The first female koala that was rescued and cared for at the Port Macquarie Koala Hospital, Anwen, has been returned to us. She tells me that the fire fighters are helping the koalas now whenever they can by giving them water.
- Finally, soldiers are helping out too. They seem to enjoy spending “koala time” with us. In fact, they have a waitlist to be with us because so many want to. That makes me happy.
Well, I better get back to fixing dinner for Grandpa. Please write back soon and let me know what you’re up to these days.
Keep safe and well,