If you’re having trouble opening Absinthe 2.0 on Mountain Lion that was released almost a month back, then the good news is that there is a simple workaround.
Follow the step-by-step instructions to run Absinthe 2.0 on OS X Mountain Lion (10.8) to jailbreak your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch:
- Download the latest version of Absinthe for Mac from this link.
- Double click the dmg file.
- From the mounted file, right click on the Absinthe application and select Show Package Contents.
- Then Navigate to Contents -> MacOS.
- Right click on Absinthe 10.6 file, then go Open With, and then select Terminal.
- You will get a prompt asking you, if you want to open it. Click on the Open button.
- It will run a few commands in the background and launch Absinthe.
You should now be able to jailbreak your iPad, iPhone and iPod touch on your Mac running OS X Mountain Lion. If you need any help with jailbreaking, then check out this page, which has links to the latest step-by-step guides to jailbreak your iOS device.